JCCU has changed the packaging material for its popular vegetable and fruit drinks, CO・OP Mixed Carrot Juice 930g and CO・OP Fruit Vegetable Juice 930g, from PET bottles to paper cartons as part of its efforts to reduce the amount of plastic used in CO・OP Brand Products. They will be upgraded as "CO・OP Mixed Carrot Juice 1000ml" and "CO・OP Fruity Apple Juice 1000ml" and will be released sequentially from March.
"CO・OP Mixed Carrot Juice 1000ml" and " CO・OP Fruity Apple Juice 1000ml"
In May 2021, JCCU set the "2030 Goals for CO・OP Brand Products*" to reduce the amount of plastic used in container packaging by 25% by 2030 compared to 2016, and to increase the use of recycled and plant-derived plastics to at least 50%. The adoption of paper cartons for two popular vegetable and fruit drinks will accelerate the efforts of JCCU to reduce plastics in CO・OP Brand Products.
*[2030 Goals for CO・OP Brand Products]
- By changing the containers of two popular vegetable and fruit drinks to paper packs, JCCU has reduced the amount of plastic by approximately 70%*.
*The reduction rate is based on the quantity conversion due to the change in the quantity.
- CO・OP Mixed Carrot Juice 1000ml: reduction rate 72.99%,
- CO・OP Fruity Apple Juice 1000ml: reduction rate 73.20%
- The annual amount of plastic reduction is about 34 tons (Period: January 21, 2021 to January 20, 2022)
- CO・OP Mixed Carrot Juice 1000ml: about 27 tons (Annual sales of 910,096 bottles, calculated as a reduction of 29.4g per PET bottle)
- CO・OP Fruity Apple Juice 1000ml: about 7 tons (Annual sales results: 248,082 bottles, calculated as a reduction of 29.5g per PET bottle)
- The print space has been expanded from the conventional half label to cover the entire carton, allowing for a variety of content to be introduced. The new packaging includes recipes for arranging the products and stories related to the products that can be used to start conversations at home.
Arranged recipes using the products and stories behind the products
JCCU will continue to actively work on the development of environmentally friendly CO・OP Brand Products and strive to reduce environmental impact.